KIDS DUCK DASH
Last year was a record breaking year for the Kids Duck Dash, with over 1,000 enthusiastic ducklings at the starting line. It is definitely one of our favorite parts of race weekend. As organizers of the event, we love to see all of those kids experiencing the thrill of a race, possibly for the first time. We are looking forward to growing this event to give as many kids as possible a chance to experience the fun. If you would like to see your school involved in 2020, please email us. We can work with schools directly to coordinate scholarships, easy registration and more.
KIDS DUCK DASH DETAILS
- Race Day: Saturday, April 25, 2020
- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Age: Must be at least 4 years old on race day
- Race Distance: Approximately 1K (approx .75 mile)
- Age: Must be between 4-12 years old on race day. Kids 6 and under MUST have a chaperone run with them on the course. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child, please.
- Packet Pick-Up: Pick-up race packets at the Expo on Friday from 1-6pm. Additionally, you can pick-up your packet near the starting line on race morning. If picking up on race morning, allow extra time for a smooth start.
- Goodies: Kids Duck Dash participants receive a youth sized, short sleeve t-shirt, finisher’s medal, reusable goodie bag with finish line refreshments, a Eugene Marathon reusable water bottle and the Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast! Kids who participate in the “marathon” and turn in an Official Kids Duck Dash Tracker (at packet pick-up) also receive a finisher’s certificate!
- Registration: Register
- Finish Safety Map: Coming soon
2020 Kids Duck Dash course information coming soon!
HOW IT WORKS
- Register: Click here to register online or use the mail-in form.
- Start Moving: Use any of the training resources below to help guide your training.
- Track Your Miles: If you’re participating in the “marathon” log your miles on the Official Kids Duck Dash Tracker (PDF) and bring your completed tracker to Packet Pick-up.
- Packet Pick-Up: All participants – fun runners and “marathoners” – must pick up their race packet on Friday at the Health & Fitness Expo or Saturday morning near the start line (leave yourself plenty of time).
- Race Day: Get yourself to the starting line and get ready to run! Kids 6 and under MUST have a chaperon run with them on the course. (Although, any age child can run with an adult if he/she chooses. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child please.)
RUN, JUMP, THROW!
Eugene Rec Athletics hosts an interactive exhibit for kids of all ages throughout race weekend! Look for their team at the Health and Wellness Expo and after the Kids Duck Dash on Saturday morning. Thank you City of Eugene!