KIDS DUCK DASH DETAILS
- Race Day: Saturday, April 27, 2019
- Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
- Age: Must be at least 4 years old on race day
- Race Distance: Approximately 1K (approx .6 mile)
- Age: Must be between 4-12 years old on race day. Kids age 4-12 are welcome to participate. Kids 6 and under MUST have a chaperon run with them on the course. (Although, any age child can run with an adult if he/she chooses. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child please.)
- Packet Pick-Up: Pick-up race packets at the Expo on Friday or in person near the starting line on Saturday. More details will be available in 2019.
- Goodies: Kids Duck Dash participants receive a youth sized, short sleeve t-shirt, finisher’s medal, reusable goodie bag with finish line refreshments, a Eugene Marathon reusable water bottle and the Krusteaz Pancake Breakfast! Kids who participate in the “marathon” and turn in an Official Kids Duck Dash Tracker (at packet pick-up) also receive a finisher’s certificate!
Due to construction at Hayward Field, our 2019 course will undergo some changes. We’re still working out all of the logistics for the 5k and Kids Duck Dash. One thing we know for sure is that kids can count on a fun 1K-ish course, great goodies and fluffy pancakes to run with (and eat at the Krusteaz pancake breakfast). More information on the course will be coming soon.
HOW IT WORKS
- Register: Click here to register online or use the mail-in form.
- Start Moving: Use any of the training resources below to help guide your training.
- Track Your Miles: If you’re participating in the “marathon” log your miles on the Official Kids Duck Dash Tracker (PDF) and bring your completed tracker to Packet Pick-up.
- Packet Pick-Up: All participants – fun runners and “marathoners” – must pick up their race packet on Friday at the Health & Fitness Expo or Saturday morning near the start line (leave yourself plenty of time).
- Race Day: Get yourself to the starting line and get ready to run! Kids 6 and under MUST have a chaperon run with them on the course. (Although, any age child can run with an adult if he/she chooses. There is no charge for adult chaperones. 1 adult per child please.)
KIDS RUNNING & TRAINING RESOURCES
We are excited to partner with KIDSPORTS where all kids play, develop, and have fun! KIDSPORTS is a private non-profit organization in Oregon that provides youth sports programs for pre-K through 12th graders in Eugene/Springfield and surrounding areas. KIDSPORTS teaches children and families the value of physical fitness, sportsmanship, practice and teamwork through sports and activities. Knowledgeable coaches and officials allow each player to achieve their personal best while having fun. All children have the opportunity to play. Sports programs and activities are open to any child who is able to participate regardless of race, religion, creed, sex, ability, or financial status. Find out how you can participate with KIDSPORTS