RUN TRACKTOWN 5K DETAILS
- Start Date: Saturday
- Start Location: 15th Ave. & Agate
- Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
- Finish Location: On the track at Hayward Field
- Age: Must be at least 5 years old on race day
- Register: Register online until 4/28, in person at the Health & Fitness Expo or on race day morning (race day registration is only available for the 5K & Kids Duck Dash). Register and pick-up your bib near the starting line (on 15th Ave.) between 7:00 – 8:00 am. Leave yourself plenty of time.
- Packet Pick-Up: If you pre-registered (online) but did not pick up your packet at the Health & Fitness Expo, you may pick it up on race morning near the starting line (on 15th Ave.) between 7:00 – 8:00 am. Leave yourself plenty of time.
- Parking: There is metered street parking around Hayward Field on Saturdays. Additionally, many UO parking lots are available and free to the public on weekends. Read signs carefully. View Saturday UO Parking Map
RUN TRACKTOWN 5K benefiting Court Appointed Special Advocates
We are thrilled to raise awareness and funds for Court Appointed Special Advocates of Lane County (CASA) again this year! A portion of your registration fee goes directly back to CASA. And, remember, YOU can also raise additional funds through your run. Visit our Crowdrise webpage to find out how easy it is to start fundraising!
CASA HELPS ABUSED KIDS
Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) provides a powerful voice for abused and neglected children in Lane County. Every day, judges decide the futures of foster children in a court system that is too overburdened to focus adequately on the needs of each child. CASA trains and supports community volunteers to advocate for these children and help to move them as quickly as possible into safe, permanent homes. Learn more about the great work they are doing!
Register today to help the 177 kids on CASA’s waiting list! Can’t make it on race day? You can register as a “VIRTUAL” runner. Give $25 and sleep in!
DONATE $5, GET A HAT
Show your support and make a $5 donation when you register online, at the Health & Fitness Expo or on race day. You’ll receive a unique CASA hat when you pick up your packet! Your $5 goes straight to CASA.
Thank you Ambient IT Solutions for providing the special hats!
5K COURSE DESCRIPTION
Participants of this unique 5K will head east on 15th to beautiful Fairmount Blvd. With a quick pass through the pretty neighborhood streets, 5Kers get back to campus via 18th and Alder. The final mile heads down 13th through the middle of campus, where runners and walkers make the final push up Agate to a spectacular finish on the track!
Run TrackTown 5K Course Map (PDF)
We are thrilled to have both Saturday races (5K & Kids Run) finish once again on the track at Hayward Field; just like the full and half marathon! You can expect all of the same excitement – including the popular Krusteaz Flap Jack. And, even better, you can eat a flap jack too at the Krusteaz pancake breakfast after the race (free for participants)! Thanks Krusteaz!
Batter Up! The Krusteaz Flap Jack Races for Pride, Pancakes
Beat Flap Jack or Flap Jill, Win All the Pancakes You Can Eat
Participants taking part in the annual Run TrackTown 5K share one common goal: beat the giant running pancake! This year, we’re adding a new twist: TWO giant running pancakes! Since 2008, Flap Jack has been a fun, fast (and sometimes lonely) part of our annual 5K. This year he’s going to share the spotlight with his new friend, Flap Jill – the World’s Fastest Female Pancake.
For the first time ever, participants will be divided into men’s (Flap Jack) and women’s (Flap Jill) categories. But the stakes remain the same – beat the giant running pancake and win a year’s supply of Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix!
While Flap Jack and Flap Jill’s fluffy appearances might give you a chuckle, never judge hotcakes by their girth. What they lack in aerodynamics, they make up for with their pancake-powered pace. Since Flap Jack’s debut in 2009, less than a dozen runners on average have been able to beat him to the finish line each year. Can Flap Jack continue his dominance? How will Flap Jill’s debut race stack up?
“Batter up” and find out at the 2017 Run TrackTown 5K!
- Click here to see the 2011 running of Flap Jack
- Click here to see the 2009 Eugene 5K videos
- Click here to read about Flap Jack’s inaugural Eugene 5K in 2008
OR…DON’T BEAT FLAP JACK
If you’re still reading you know that our fluffy friend is fast!! Therefore, Krusteaz has implemented a different challenge – for the 2nd year:
DON’T BEAT FLAP JACK!
Krusteaz will donate $1 to Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), for every participant who does not beat Flap Jack. So, train, or not! Everyone wins at the 2017 Run TrackTown 5K!!