- How can I verify that I am officially registered? After you’ve registered, you should receive an email confirmation. If you’d like to double check, click here to confirm your race registration. Just log into your Active.com account and look for “2017 Eugene Marathon” listed under your events. If you still cannot find your registration, please email us at email@example.com or call 877-345-2230.
- Are refunds available? Your race entry fee is non-refundable and bib numbers are not transferable to other runners or years. No exceptions.
- Can I transfer my registration to another runner or year? No, your registration, number and timing tag are non-transferable. No exceptions
- If I have already registered for a race, can I transfer my registration to a different race distance this year? You can downgrade or upgrade to a different race distance by logging into your Active Network account at myevents.active.com. Find the Eugene Marathon race you are currently signed up for and follow the prompts to “change event category.” Online changes to an event distance must be completed by April 5, 2017. If you choose to switch race distances after April 5, 2017 you must do so at the Health & Fitness Expo. Pick up your race packet for the race you originally signed up for and proceed to the “Registration Troubleshoot” booth. There is no charge to downgrade race distances, there is no refund for the price difference. When upgrading to a longer race distance you will be charged the current price difference.
- I entered some information incorrectly when I registered. Can I edit my registration information? Yes! Log into into your Active Network account at myevents.active.com. Find the “2017 Eugene Marathon” and follow the prompts to adjust your bib name, estimated finish time, email address, etc. Some fields are not editable. If you need additional help, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What happens if I am unable to participate but want my t-shirt? You are welcome to pick up your packet and receive your participation t-shirt at the Health & Fitness Expo, though we are unable to mail packets. If you are injured but can still walk or jog, you may want to switch your registration to a shorter distance.
- Can I register at the Health & Fitness Expo or on the day of the race? Online registration for all races closes on April 28, 2017 (mail-in registration closes on April 1st). There is NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION for the marathon or half marathon. After online registration closes, you can register in person at the Health & Fitness Expo only. Friday, May 5th @ the Expo: Registration open for all four races. Saturday, May 6th @ the Expo: Registration open for the marathon and half marathon. See the 5K webpage & Kids Duck Dash webpages for specific packet pick-up and race day registration instructions for those races being held on Saturday, May 6th).
- Is online registration secure? Yes! Active.com handles all registrations and uses a security technology called Secure Socket Layers, or SSL, which encrypts your personal and credit card information while transferring it from your Internet browser to the Active.com servers.
PACKET PICK-UP INFORMATION
- Is it mandatory to pick up my race packet? Yes. Your race packet includes your official race bib (with timing tag attached), safety pins for your bib and zip tie for your gear check tag. You must wear your bib on race day or you will not be allowed on the course. If you do not pick up your race packet at the Expo you will not be able to run the race. Packets cannot be mailed.
- Where and when can I pick up my race packet? Race packets will be available for pick-up at the Health & Fitness Expo. (See the 5K & Kids Duck Dash webpages for specific packet pick-up instructions for those races being held on Saturday, May 6th).
- What do I need to bring with me to pick up my packet? You may be asked for photo ID and it is always a good idea to bring a hard copy of your registration confirmation email. Bib # look-up information is easily accessible at the Health & Fitness Expo.
- Can a friend pick up my race packet on my behalf? Yes. Friends must have a copy of your registration confirmation email you received during registration. They must know the full name and correct spelling under which you registered in order to look up your bib number.
- What if I cannot make it to the Health & Fitness Expo during operating hours? We provide a race day late packet pick-up option ($15) for participants who absolutely cannot pick up their packet during expo hours. Participants purchasing this service must pick-up packets at the entrance to Soccer Field #1 (on 15th Ave. between University & Agate) on race morning between 5:30 – 6:15 a.m. Race officials will shut down this service promptly at 6:15 a.m. Limited space is available. Only participants who have paid in advance and reserved this service will be allowed to pick-up their packets race morning. Once you register for this service, you will not receive a refund if you pick-up your packet at the expo or cannot attend the race. Participants may reserve their space and purchase this option when registering online or click here to purchase. (Race Day Packet Pick-up is only available for purchase until April 28th at 11:59 pm)
- Is the Eugene Marathon a Boston Qualifier? Yes! The marathon & half marathon courses are USATF certified (OR11004LB & OR1105LB)! In other words, you can qualify for the Boston Marathon, Olympic Trials, and yes, even set an official world record.
- What is the course time limit for the Full Marathon? All participants must be able to finish the marathon in 7 hours. In order to do so, you will need to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace or you will be asked to move to the sidewalk to enable the reopening of the streets to traffic. At that time, there will no longer be traffic protection and the water and aid stations will be shut down. There will be a course sweep to make sure that all runners and walkers are safe, as well as safety vehicles stationed at certain points of the course to transport participants back to the finish area if needed.
- What is the course time limit for the Half Marathon? The Half Marathon time limit is 3 ½ hours, which means that runners and walkers must maintain a 16 minute per mile pace or you will be asked to move to the sidewalk to enable the reopening of the streets to traffic. At that time, there will no longer be traffic protection and the water and aid stations will be shut down. The finish line will remain open for the entire 7 hours for Full Marathon participants, so Half Marathoners will be allowed to cross the finish line and receive a medal for up to 7 hours.
- Will there be marathon pace groups? Yes. Check our Race Day Details page to find information.
- Are wheelchairs allowed on the course? Yes. If you will be participating in a wheelchair, please note this on your entry form. We strongly suggest that wheelchair participants be experienced racers. Please email email@example.com if you are planning to race in a wheelchair, so that we can make the appropriate accommodations.
- Are there age requirements? Full marathon: You must be at least 16 by race day to participate; Half marathon: You must be at least 12 by race day to participate; 5k: You must be at least 5 by race day to participate; Kids Run: You must be at least 4 by race day to participate.
- Are iPods or headphones allowed on the course? iPods, walkmans and other earpiece music devices are allowed on the course. If you choose to wear one please be extra cautious and mindful of the volume of your music and your presence on the course.
- Are baby strollers/joggers or un-registered friends allowed on the course? No. Baby strollers/joggers, baby carriers, in-line skates, bicyclists, or unregistered runners are not allowed on the course to ensure safety for all participants. However, there is a baby jogger start for the 5K race only. Runners & walkers with baby joggers in the 5K should line up at the back.
- Are dogs allowed on the course? No animals are allowed on the course.
- Will there be portable restrooms on the course? Yes, there will be portable restrooms located at the Start, Finish and LOTS of them along the course.
- Is wearing the timing tag mandatory? Yes, your timing tag allows for official times to be recorded and accurate calculation of placement. Exact instructions are provided with the timing tags.
RACE DAY SHUTTLES/TRANSPORTATION
Can I take a shuttle to the starting line? Shuttles to the start leave every 5 minutes from shuttle stop locations (Valley River Inn, Hilton Eugene, Gateway in Springfield and Autzen Stadium). Pre-race shuttles are only available to race participants from 5:30 – 6:40 am. Post-Race shuttles are available to participants and spectators. They leave from the “Finish Festival” (15th & University) and stop at the same 4 shuttle locations, running every 15 minutes from 9:30 am – 3:00 pm. For complete shuttle information and parking tips visit the Race Day Details page.
How can I volunteer? We need your help! Click here to find out how to volunteer. All volunteers receive an official volunteer T-shirt, post race refreshments at Hayward Field and an all-around great experience!
GENERAL WEEKEND INFORMATION
Can my friends & family come to the weekend events? Absolutely! The Health & Fitness Expo are open to the public. On race day, family and friends are encouraged to cheer at multiple locations along the course. Check out the Entertainment and Spectator webpages for more information. Friends and family are encouraged to enjoy the “Finish Festival” after the race on the soccer fields next to Hayward Field – enjoy music, food vendors, beer garden and great people watching!