2013 5K Race Details
- Start Time: 8:30 a.m.; Saturday, April 27th
- Start Location: 15th Ave. & Agate
- Finish Location: On the track at Hayward Field
- Course Map: 5K Course Map (PDF)
- Packet Pick-Up: Pick up packets on Friday at the Health & Fitness Expo or on Saturday from 6:45-7:45 a.m. at the starting line.
- Parking: There is metered street parking around Hayward Field on Saturdays. Additionally, many UO parking lots are available and free to the public on weekends. Read signs carefully. View Saturday UO Parking Map
2013 5K Course Description
Participants of this unique USATF certified 5K will head east on 15th to beautiful Fairmount Blvd. With a quick pass through the pretty neighborhood streets, 5Kers get back to campus via 18th and Alder. The final mile heads down 13th through the middle of campus, where runners and walkers make the final push up Agate to a spectacular finish on the track!
2013 5K Course Map (PDF)
We are thrilled to have both Saturday races (5K & Kids Duck Dash) finish once again on the track at Hayward Field; just like the full and half marathon! You can expect all of the same excitement - including the popular Krusteaz Flap Jack. And, even better, you can eat a flap jack too at the Krusteaz Finisher's Pancake Feed! Thanks Krusteaz!
Beat the Krusteaz Flap Jack and WIN!
The Krusteaz Flap Jack conitnues to reach new heights in popularity. More and more of you speedsters are training to beat him in the 5K and win a years supply of yummy Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix. In 2012 only 10 people crossed the finish line before our fluffy friend. All winners received Krusteaz pancakes and coupons. We hope you're training to beat the Krusteaz Flap Jack in 2013!
- Click here to see the 2011 running of Flap Jack
- Click here to see the 2009 Eugene 5K videos
- Click here to read about Flap Jack's inaugural Eugene 5K in 2008
University of Oregon School of Law & Tom Foster Scholarship Fund
We are honored to again partner with the University of Oregon School of Law and the Tom Foster Environmental Scholarship Fund. The scholarship is in remembrance of Thomas Foster III, who was a third-year law student at the time of his death in 1999. The scholarship is awarded to a third year Oregon law student who possesses the character traits of Tom Foster – integrity, honesty, passion, humor, motivation, dedication to the law school, and search for knowledge. A portion of your Eugene 5K entry goes directly to the Tom Foster Environmental Scholarship Fund.
More About Oregon Law
For more than 125 years, the University of Oregon School of Law has served the state, the nation, and the world through a constantly renewed commitment to excellence in scholarship, classroom teaching, and public service. Oregon Law is an American Bar Association accredited law school, and the only public law school in the state.
- Race Information
- Travel/Eugene Info
- Partner Offers
- Contact Us
What's Your Story?
Tell us your Eugene Marathon story and we'll share it with others.
We have partnered with Crowdrise to encourage the entire community to unite and fundraise for their favorite charities.